Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -41201 and Error -200265 in Modal Analysis in LV

Hi

I am trying  to use the Modal Analysis kits from        http://www.ni.com/white-paper/8442/en/        to do modal analysis. But the demo vi       Record Impact Testing FRF data.vi       gives the following error. I cannot solve it since I just started using Labview reccently.

Software I am using is NI Labview 2015 32 bits, the LabVIEW Advanced Signal Processing Toolkit  has been installed. For LabVIEW System Identification Toolkit, I think it is included in Labview 2015.

For the hardware, I am not very sure what these mean, I will just list the number I can see.

NI cDAQ-9174"cDQA1'         this may be the box.

1:NI 9234 "cDAQ1Mod1'     this may be the pannel, there are 3 pannel, 4 ports for each pannel.

1:NI 9234 "cDAQ1Mod2'

1:NI 9234 "cDAQ1Mod3'    hammer and acceleroter connect to port 0 and 1 at this pannel.

I can measure signals from the hammer and accelerometer using NI-Max, the following is the response.

hammer.pnghammer.png

However, error happens in the Record impact Testing FRF data.vi .The following is the setting I put in.

setting.png

And the following is the error message I got.

When I click measure, it pop up in a very short time. The first message come up 3 times, as it takes 3 reading for each average count.

The second message come up I think because the program fail to reset the hardware for some reason.

1st error

error 1.png

error 2

error 2.png

I suspect there is something wrong with the DAQ Config vi, which does not produce right task to do, therefore, the FRF vi have no data input and gives an error. But it is quite hard to explain why only the last DAQmx vi gives error, but the others does not give error.

Many thanks for reading this message and helping out.

Best

YUMI

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,847 Views)

Hello YUMI, 

I am not that familiar with Modal Analysis and therefore I am still researching this issue. I have howerer 'installed' the Modal Analysis in my LabVIEW 2015 32bit and I have selected the same configuration as you (usign a cDAQ 9172, with one 9234 with no sensors on it though). With the same configuration as your screenshot, the Record Impact Testing RFR data.vi runs without producing any error. Therefore, I would suggest to try re-installing the library and if that does not resolve your issue, then you may have to try with just one of the 9234 modules connected on your cDAQ. In the meantime, I will keep digging.  

However I can give you an answer for the second error you are getting: -200265. The reason you are getting this errors is because the NI 923x modules do not support hardware trigggering. 
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/4859504F14AF68DB8625721100640F26

The above link contains also an example on how to perform digital triggering with using another module. 

This forum post suggests to use a software trigger instead if this is possible. 
http://forums.ni.com/t5/Dynamic-Signal-Acquisition/Is-there-any-plan-to-for-usb-9234-to-support-hard...

King regards,
Vasileios

Vasileios T
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK&Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,802 Views)

Hi Vasileios

Thanks a lot for your reply. I think it may well be the triggering problem. Some how the program read no data and therefore gives error. I now try to rewrite the error part of the program,  and also clean up the noise in the signal.

Many thanks for the help

Best

YUMI

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,742 Views)

Hello YUMI, 

Thank you for your quick reply. 

Please let me know how this will go for you. 

Wishing you all the best at your application.

Kind regards,
Vasileios 

Vasileios T
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK&Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,734 Views)