Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does performing a DAQmx Clear Task on a PCI-4474 card change the state of the IEPE current?

Does performing a DAQmx Clear Task on a PCI-4474 card change the state of the IEPE current?  If the IEPE current was on, does it remain on even though the task as been cleared?  If the IEPE current remains on, then I assume I don't have to wait for the IEPE current to settle if I make a new Task and start a new measurement--is this correct?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Ken
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,924 Views)
DAQmx Clear Task should not turn off IEPE current. You will have to explicity set IEPE current to On (for that channel) whenever you use any of the AI channels on your 4474 in order to keep the IEPE On because the IEPE for all channels in the AI subsystem will be set to the default state (Off) unless explicitly configured. That said, if you clear a task that had IEPE On, and then initialize a new task and set IEPE On, the IEPE will be uninterrupted and there should be no need to wait for the IEPE to settle. Other components of your measurement system might need time to settle if their state was changed between tasks (DUT, sensor, AC coupling, etc.)
Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,907 Views)
Doug,

Thank you for your help.

Ken
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,904 Views)