Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital pulse train acquisition

Forgive me if this most basic of all acquisition questions has been asked before, but a precursory search of this forum did not yield any useful results.

Simply put, I would like to know what low-cost hardware/software combination would best enable me to read-and-store digital TTL pulse trains (3.xV, 5.0V or 12.0V) that have a minimum pulse width of 1us and are up to 256-bits long.  I need to be able to view the entire pulse train to check duty cycle, high time, low time, number of pulses, etc.  An example task would be to read the complete digital pulse train output from a simplistic RF Receiver in order to decode and understand its communication protocol.  (For example, when you press Button-1 on a Transmitter, the Receiver would send Code-A, while pressing Button-2 on the Tx would generate Code-B on the Rx, etc.)  

Any features above and beyond this are uneeded.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,067 Views)

Hello JDW1, 

It seems that you would like to have advice on what to buy or use. Go ahead and give us a call and the people in sales will be happy to assist you in the selection of your products.

Regards. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,054 Views)

I appreciate your reply and suggestion.

But no doubt others could benefit from the knowledge of which NI products would satisfy the "pulse train acquisition" criterion outlined in my opening post.  As such, if you have any specific product solutions you can post here publicly, such would be a benefit to forum members and ultimate to NI too.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,046 Views)