Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data from Multiple channels

Hello,

I am using Labview 6i to acquire signals from six different channels.As per your suggestion,we indexed the array to display 6 signals in six different waveform charts.Though we connected all the six channels, the program is displaying only the signal from the first channel(Channel 0). So we are not sure if AI S-Scan is taking all the six signals. Will  AI C-Scan  be able to acquire the six different signals from six different channels? If so,could you tell us the possible way?

Thank you

Manasa
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,155 Views)
Hi Manasa,

You are pretty close, but you need to make one minor change.  There is no need to use the Build Array function after the AI Single Scan VI.  By using the Build Array function you are taking a one dimensional array and making it a two dimensional array.  Every row in the 2D array besides the first one is empty. 

Just remove the build array and connect the Scaled Data output of the AI Single Scan VI to the Array input of the Index Array and you should be able to see the rest of your graphs updating. 

Best Regards

Hani R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,140 Views)
Hi,

Thank you for the help.As you told,I have connected the Scaled output data of AI S-SCan directly to the indexed array .But i still could not rectify the problem.Now the problem is that ,I am able to acquire signal  only from a single channel(channel 0) that is being displayed on all the 8 waveform charts instead of  8 different signals on 8 different waveform charts.We have a doubt in our code.Before the "volts to Newton" SubVI there is an indexed array which has Index 0 and of all the 8 waveform charts the first waveform chart also has index 0 .Will this create any problem?

Looking forward for a reply.

Thanks
-Manasa
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,122 Views)
Hi Manasa,

I tried the acquistion part of your code on my computer and it seems to display all the channels that I configure.  The fact that you used the indexed array function twice with Index 0 does not cause a problem.  Make sure that your the Channels input to the AI Config VI contains the correct device channels.

Best Regards

Hani R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(7,105 Views)
Hi Manasa,

I've stripped down everything other than the DAQ code and confirm that the code is functioning properly. Again, make sure you have setup your channels properly and probe the output of S-SCAN to ensure that you are reading from multiple samples (so you can index them). Because I do not have LabVIEW 6.1, I've attached a screen shot of my code (written in LV8.5) so you can reference it.

Message Edited by Patrick_Ba on 02-27-2008 12:43 PM
PBear
NI RF
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(7,092 Views)