From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chosing multifunction AI and DI device with ethernet connectivity

Hi! I am searching for a multifunction DAQ solution. Multiple DAQ devices will measure different parameters from different places and one gateway computer will collect all data using existing LAN. Modbus protocol can be used for that and communication will be one-way only from remote DAQ nodes to the gateway.

Minimum requirements for each DAQ module are as follows:

• 4 AI
  • Sampling rate 300 S/s
  • 16 bit ADC
  • 1 digital counter input
  • Timing accuracy 100 ns
  • Ethernet connectivity

Since all channels will measure one whole process, the latency and synchronization is an important factor. I presume data channels from single device have to be streamed on a single time domain.

Instead of one multifunction device different modules could be used combined together. But considering there will be many measuring nodes, that idea would be the expensive and impractical one.

What would you recommend either?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,013 Views)

Hi,

Here's a link to the NI shop page for Multifunction I/O devices where you can specify the requirements you are looking for. 

https://www.ni.com/en-us/shop/category/multifunction-io.html

It sounds like you will need a cRIO system if you want Ethernet connectivity. The C series multi function module is the 9381, which can be used with a cRIO chassis that's connected through Ethernet. 

If you have further questions, I would recommend calling the NI Sales team at 877-387-0015, they can help you scope your system more.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,971 Views)