From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are analog filters on PCI-4462 configurable?

I have been through the documentation regarding the onbaord analog filters that are found on the PCI-4462, but I have not been able to figure out if they are configurable.

Which of the analog filters are configurable if any.  I know that the anti-aliasing filter automatically adjust to follow the nyquist factor, but what about the low-pass butterworth and the high pass filter?

Thanks,

mario
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,438 Views)
Hello ikiller,

The only options you have when configuring the filtes on a PCI-44
62 are to enable/disable AC or DC coupling and to enable/disable the enhanced alias rejection filter.  You can change these settings with a DAQmx Channel Property Node in LabVIEW.  The other filter settings (analog and digital) are set automatically based on your sampling rate.  You can find out more information about the analog input of DSA devices such as the 4462 in the article linked below.  It discusses setting the "Alias Free Frequency Span," which was configureable with older DSA devices using the NI-DSA driver, but the new devices automatically configure the device for the largest alias free frequency span possible given the desired sampling rate.

Filters and Delta-Sigma Conveters

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5197

I don't believe a there is a high pass filter on the device other than the effect of the AC coupling.  Let me know if you have more questions on this.

Regards,
John Bongaarts
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,424 Views)