DutLUG - Dutch LabVIEW Usergroup

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battleships! - DutLUG Coding Competition

@DanielBloemendaal wrote:

Will the set of maps be random? Or will they be designed specifically to tell apart strong AIs from weak AIs?

Random. Maps are generated at the start of the tourney with the exact same algorithm as in the attached zip file.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(4,345 Views)

@DanielBloemendaal wrote:

Will the set of maps be random? Or will they be designed specifically to tell apart strong AIs from weak AIs?

Random. Maps are generated at the start of the tourney with the exact same algorithm as in the attached zip file.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(4,343 Views)

@StefanLemmens wrote:

An average over 1000 games seems to be quite stable. This takes a couple of minutes to calculate which might become a problem if there are a large number of submissions...

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(4,341 Views)

Na een simulatie van 10000 potjes heb ik een gemiddelde van 40.2 schoten per potje met gemiddeld 0.18 ms per schot (zie bijgevoegde screenshots voor de details). Het script hiervoor heb ik enkele weken geleden al geschreven maar geen tijd meer in gestoken omdat ik donderdag niet aanwezig kan zijn. Ik denk dat ik het gemiddelde nog wel 1 of 2 schoten omlaag kan door het algoritme slimmer te maken maar dan zal de rekentijd ook wel fors toenemen 🙂

Ik ben benieuw naar de rest hun resultaten tot nu toe (zonder iets prijs te geven van de code natuurlijk).

Message 14 of 19
(4,329 Views)

FYI: there is a bug in the source code. "RandomNumberWithinRange.vi" generates random numbers with a non-uniform distribution (see distribution attached). BTW: row index 10 is outside the playing field and is also used as a possible position.This bug will cause the first row and column of the playing field to have a +/-50% less chance of having a ship. 

I am not participating in the competition and I also can't be there on Thursday.

Anyway, I would blame it on the object oriented obfuscation Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 19
(4,327 Views)

@LabVIEW_Addict wrote:

FYI: there is a bug in the source code. "RandomNumberWithinRange.vi" generates random numbers with a non-uniform distribution (see distribution attached). BTW: row index 10 is outside the playing field and is also used as a possible position.This bug will cause the first row and column of the playing field to have a +/-50% less chance of having a ship. 

I am not participating in the competition and I also can't be there on Thursday.

Anyway, I would blame it on the object oriented obfuscation Smiley Wink

Ssst, you're giving away to much information Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(4,320 Views)

@Brandts wrote:

Na een simulatie van 10000 potjes heb ik een gemiddelde van 40.2 schoten per potje met gemiddeld 0.18 ms per schot (zie bijgevoegde screenshots voor de details). Het script hiervoor heb ik enkele weken geleden al geschreven maar geen tijd meer in gestoken omdat ik donderdag niet aanwezig kan zijn. Ik denk dat ik het gemiddelde nog wel 1 of 2 schoten omlaag kan door het algoritme slimmer te maken maar dan zal de rekentijd ook wel fors toenemen 🙂

Ik ben benieuw naar de rest hun resultaten tot nu toe (zonder iets prijs te geven van de code natuurlijk).

Ik hoop natuurlijk op een battleships algoritme code review van 1 of meerdere vrijwilligers Smiley Very Happy Niets is verplicht natuurlijk en het zal dan bij een van de volgende DutLUG's plaats vinden, maar ik denk dat het wat interessante gesprekken zal opleveren.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(4,317 Views)

We kunnen in ieder geval afspreken dat we na donderdag hier de code delen, wellicht met een beetje uitleg van de programmeur voor wie daar zin in heeft. Op die manier kan degene die dat wil natuurlijk altijd leren van andermans code. Wie weet is er dan wel een vrijwilliger die de codes wil reviewen 🙂

Message 18 of 19
(4,313 Views)

Hello fellow LabVIEW enthusiasts!

Today is the last day you can summit your algorithm, so if you haven't done already, please send your entry to pascal@vi-tech.nl as a zip file, and include your name in the message somewhere.

I will see you this Thursday! Cheers! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(4,298 Views)