From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Driver Development Kit (DDK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac OS X Driver for high-speed synchronized i/o

Hi --

I have been working for a number of years on custom DDK-based drivers for OS X systems.  My clients (in research and medical fields) needed very precise control of output signals while recording data at high speed, controlled by their own custom software (both C++ and Objective C).  Labview was not an option, nor was DAQ-MX-Base, given its limitations, so DDK development was the only real alternative.

I have just added X-Series support to a driver/framework that supports generic DMA-based high-speed synchonized i/o (a/d, counter input, timer output, analog i/o, and digital out). 

I am posting here for a couple of reasons.  The first is to see if there is anyone else out there looking for this type of solution -- i have a very small consortium of clients that is using this driver technology, and adding a few more users could potentially help them to recoup/reduce development costs. 

The second reason for this posting is that I am also looking for another programmer to help support this code in the long term.  I will be transitioning to other projects later this year, and will have to reduce my time signicantly.

If you have any interest or questions, please respond here or to me directly.  I do not have a financial stake in this, other than my time (which is funded by the consortium) -- i'm mostly interested in the long term health of this project.

thanks!

scott gillespie

spg@appliedbrain.com

------------------
scott gillespie
applied brain, inc.
------------------
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(7,827 Views)

HI Scott:

I remember talking to you some time ago.  OS X support from NI being what it is, I would love to 1) get access to your code to use it (M series mostly) and 2) contribute to the code either myself (or possibly my team).  How can I do both of these ?

I was actually myself trying to development a driver for some of their boards for microscopy application, and I found your posting during my "survey of the land".

Prof. Daniel Côté

Canada Research Chair in Biophotonics

Associate Professor/Professeur Agrégé

Centre de Recherche de l'Institut en Santé Mentale de Québec (CRULRG)

2601 de la Canardière F-6500

Quebec QC G1J 2G3

Canada

Tel: 418-559-4620

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(7,802 Views)