cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M series 6224 Digial I/O P1/P2 related register settings

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm testing 6224 card digital I/O as per dioex2.cpp under VxWorks. My goal is to set P1 as output, P2 as input. So, based on dioex2.cpp, I set the register DIO_Direction = 0x00ff (actually, it's not correct as Tom W pointed out, DIO_Direction register is 32-bit corresponding to P0, but how to set P1/P2, he didn't mentioned), PFI_Output_Select_1 = 0x4210, PFI_Output_Select_2 = 0x4210, PFI_Output_Select_3 = 0x410, PFI_Output_Select_4 = 0, PFI_Output_Select_5 = 0, PFI_Output_Select_6 = 0, and PFI_DO = 0x55, however, the values are not written into the registers, they always keep power-up values (DIO_Direction = 0xffffffff, the others are 0). Seems BAR1 registers can't be written, but in the driver, the MITE is enabled BAR1 as per bar0.write32(0xC0, (physicalBar1 & 0xffffff00L) | 0x80).

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Zimin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,442 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author zwei

Hello Zimin,

Sorry for the delay.  After reformatting your post, I realized that you are describing almost the exact dioex2.cpp example found here

There may have been some typo's or other errors in your message, but I did find some problems.

1.  DIO_Directino = 0x00ff....This register is for configuring port0, in the dioex2.cpp example we use IO_Bidirection_Pin.

2.  PFI_Output_Select_3 = 0x410....I think this should be set to 0x210 like the dioex2.cpp example.

I think that with these modifications your example will work for you.  If it doesn't work, I would recommend going through the dioex2.cpp example for more information.

Thanks,

Steven T.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,384 Views)