Driver Development Kit (DDK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does NI have a class named CMultiGpibDevice

I am trying to compile some code written with the NIDevicePlusDDK and seem to be missing a file.  The original developer is long gone.  Has anyone ever come across this file, is it an old NI file, or did this developer just "forget" to leave it here?  I know its a long shot, but I had to ask.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,432 Views)

Hello,

First, I have to say that NI-Device (all packages including the Plus DDK) are EOL and no longer updated or maintained.  However, we may be able to get you through this problem.

What is the exact error that you are getting (what compiler are you using)?  Does the same error happen when compiling an example?

Thanks,

Steven T.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,423 Views)

Error    1    fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'CMultiGpibDevice.h': No such file or directory    c:\documents and settings\kbates.acutronic\my documents\acutronic\projects\005_mpacs\sc\csimpledeviceframework.h    45    

This is actually compiled in Visual Studio 6 for a windows XP machine.  To be frank, I don't know why the code was written this way instead of just using LabVIEW.  If we need to continue to maintain this code, I may translate it in the future.

In the code I can see that it is looking for a class called CMultiGpibDevice.  I don't have the file, and don't know if this was code that we created at some point or if it was part of the DDK.  I could probably recreate the class, because I believe it is derived from 'CGpibDevice' and just adds the option to have secondary addresses.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,418 Views)

Hello,

I confirmed that the NI-Device Plus DDK does have a class with the name that you are looking for.  It actually allows an NI GPIB interface to act as if it were two different instruments.  I would recommend contacting us directly for the files. 

The NI-Device Plus DDK is actually a driver that allowed our interfaces to be used as GPIB instruments instead of GPIB controllers.  It does not use the NI-488.2 and there is no way to easily access the driver in LabVIEW.

Thanks,

Steven T.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,370 Views)