Dr. LabVIEW

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted

problem in interfacing

hello friends,

in case of interfacing instrument,in the VI of the block diagram there is two options in the "GPIB Write" and "GPIB Read",they are "mode" and "bite count".I failed to understand what I have to put there.Please help me...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,731 Views)
1 REPLY 1

problem in interfacing

aritra,

check the help and/or the example finder...

From Help:

byte count specifies the number of bytes the function reads from the GPIB device.

mode specifies conditions, other than reaching byte count, for terminating the read. The following table includes valid values and the corresponding EOS characters. Any mode not listed in the table indicates the decimal number of the EOS character that you want. Refer to GPIB Multiline Interface Messages for more information about managing GPIB tasks.

0 No EOS character. The EOS termination mode is disabled.
1 EOS character is CR. Read terminated on EOI, byte count, or CR.
2 EOS character is LF. Read terminated on EOI, byte count, or LF.

So byte count specifies how many bytes to read (at most) or how many bytes have been read.

And mode specifies when to stop reading. Reading stops whenever one of three conditions are met: a) byte count is reached; b) EOS termination character was read (typically CR=carriage_return=0x0d or LF=line_feed=0x0a) ; or c) EOI flag is set

For an explanation of GPIB communication please read here: http://cnx.org/content/m12283/latest/

HTH  and Greetings from Germany!

--

LuI

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(975 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.