Dr. LabVIEW

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted

Remote Report Generation?

Hi all,

I've asked a similar discussion here http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/800706BA-RPC-server-unavailable-in-Report-Generation-toolkit/m-p/148... but with no real success.

Basically this is checking, if remote reporting is possible at all, in detail with LV 7.1.1.

LabVIEWs 'Automation Open' node as well as other parts of the RGTK have an control 'machine name'. As RPC does support remotre operations I suspected I could bring a report server into game.

Tried it and get an error "0x800706BA - The RPC server is unavailable in myTestVI" (translated from German Windows error), while WinWord is started as a process. When completely deactivating Firewall, it does not create errors but still does not work.

Has anyone evr got such things to work? With any LV version? Or can someone explain why it is not working?

TIA!

--

Uwe

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,367 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.