This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted

Regarding Report Generation

Hai to All..

This is Dhanasekaran from India. Previosly I Have using Labview 7.1 at that time I have Develope Review and Report by using Report Generation(Base package). Now I want to convert that code to Labview 2009. After Conversion there are some error are comming. I dont Know Why these Error are comming.. Is there any modificatiokn neede for labview 2009 report generation (Base Package).. Plz help me to avoid these Errors.....

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,721 Views)
3 REPLIES

Re: Regarding Report Generation

Report Generation Toolkits (RGTK) are related to their respective LabVIEW (LV) version. In other words, there is a RGTK for LV711 and another one for LV2009. AND all those RGTK operate only with a limited set of office versions. At least for LV711 they used to ask for the office version you are to operate and installed only support for that version.

I am quite sure there is some hazzle when updating your system. It might be much easier when updating one step after the other, from 711 to 80 to 820 to 2009. At least check all the update hints for those updates.

HTH  and Greetings from Germany!

--

UF

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,286 Views)

Thanks for Giving Idea for this Problem Lul.

Now I have trying another method to Correct these errors. In this I have copy the Library File NI Report.LLB (Version 7.1) and Pasted to LV 2009 Library because Some files are missing in LV 2009 NI Report Library.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,286 Views)

Be assured these files are not missing due to some lapsus creating the installers for LabVIEW 2009 or in order to create some hazzles to LV users.

I ran into problems when updating my system several times now and always sweared to make a system backup before next LV or TK update. Anyhow, sometimes later I found out _why_ those changes where made to the older versions and libraries.

Anyway, I would suggest _not_ to copy those 'missing' files to their expected directory, but to a subdir in user.lib, if at all. You have to point LV at next load where to find those files, but nobody will ever change those files and nobody will ever expect them where you copied 'em. So finally thei're under yours only control and responsibility. No clue abut licensing etc..

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,287 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.