Do More with Your NI USB-TC01

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

NI USB-TC01 1.0.1 Firmware Update Now Available

The new NI InstantDAQ firmware adds suport for adjustable logging rates in the Temperature Logger application and includes multiple bug fixes.

Download the NI InstantDAQ Firmware Update Utility 1.0.1

tc01_firmware_101.JPG

Regards,

Chris Delvizis
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(8,383 Views)
17 REPLIES 17

Re: NI USB-TC01 1.0.1 Firmware Update Now Available

i downloaded it.  now the device is dead. any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(2,819 Views)

Hi CoffeeRoaster-

Could you please elaborate on the "dead" state of your device?

Does the application just not launch?  Does the device show up in Device Manager (depending on your O/S, under "Universal Serial Bus controllers>>USB Composite Device" and elsewhere)?  Does it show up in Windows Explorer as a CDROM drive?

If you don't mind sharing a bit more info I may be able to offer some tips.  Alternatively, you may be able to get back up and running faster by contacting NI support.

Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(2,819 Views)

Does your device still show up in the Firmware Update Utility? If it does, I suggest running it again and that should reapply everything.  Please note any errors you see as well. 

Kristen
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(2,819 Views)

Unfortunately, I'll add a "me, too!" to CoffeeRoaster's post.  I just ordered a pair of these, and had plugged one in to my laptop, configured it in MAX, and was fiddling with a bit of LabVIEW code getting TC readings.  Then I found that there was updated firmware...

I downloaded and ran the updater, it identified my device, but now I only have a "USB Firmware Loader" in Windows Device Manager, and re-running the updater sadly informs me "no supported devices found".

I blame myself - I've been in the industry  far too long to believe any good can come from patching a perfectly good device from 1.0.0f1 to 1.0.1f1.  What was I thinking???

So, Kristen or Tom, any tricks for recovering a device that's stuck in loader mode, or should I be packing it up for a trip to Austin?  (Glad I ordered two!)

Best regards,

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Philips Respironics
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(2,819 Views)

Hi Dave-

The USB Firmware Loader you mentioned means that your device is stuck in limbo during the upgrade, for some reason.  That state is supposed to be VERY transitory in nature.  Are there any errors associated with that device entry in Device Manager, or do you see anything else that seems amiss? 

I forwarded your post to one of the support engineers in charge of this device.  For quickest service you may want to just contact ni.com/support and refer them to this post.  We should be able to get a workaround out to you or otherwise arrange for repair or replacement of your device.  Apologies for the downtime.

Unfortunately CoffeeRoaster dropped from this thread.  If you still see notifications for this thread and are still having problems, please follow the same advice and we will do our best to help.

Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(2,819 Views)

received a new unit today.

same trouble

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(2,819 Views)

installing no more updates. Waiting to hear back from austin

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(2,819 Views)

by the looks, have to send it back again and wait another two weeks.

no data means like getting heat from upstairs. oh joy

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(2,819 Views)
Highlighted

the light is back on, will know more by sunrise!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(2,819 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.