Distributed Control & Automation Framework (DCAF)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing files and conflicts with DCAF and Labview 2017

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello

I've installed DCAF for Labview 2017 in order to take a look and maybe use it in a future project. There is no error during the install, but when I try to open the Temperature Controller Example project I get missing the missing file window for several files. Here are some of them:

control module configuration.lvclass

GetTypeInfo.vi

control module runtime.lvclass

CVT runtime.lvclass

Clear Errors.vi

engine configuration.lvclass

Get LV Class Name.vi

Error Cluster From Error Code.vi

Engine Runtime Inteface.lvclass

PL_Target Runtime.lvclass

Standard Engine Runtime.lvclass

Get Text Rect.vi

All these files exist on the disk, so I selected them with the Browse option from the dialog. It takes a while...  After I select all the files I get a warning list (see attached file). There are conflicts in the project that I cannot solve and the vi's are broken.

I did remove all the DCAF components with VIPM and reinstall them again, but the behavior is the same.

Everything works fine for Labview2016 on the same computer.

Best regards

Cristian

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,380 Views)

Did you install from VI package manager? Can you attach a  VIPM screenshot that shows what versions of the packages you have installed?

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,370 Views)

I did install everything from VI package manager. Attached the screenshot of the installed DCAF packages.

Cristian

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,371 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CristianV

Do you have LabVIEW Real-Time installed for 2017? LabVIEW Real-Time isn't a requirement for using DCAF, but I believe it is for running that example. What happens if you instead try to create a new VI using the "DCAF Basic Execution Template" for Windows?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,363 Views)

Good question. I thought I did, but it seems not, or the installation is corrupted. I can actually choose to create a new Compact RIO project, but then I have a lot of error messages. I am trying to repair/install the Labview Real Time. I'll let you know when I finish with the install.

I didn't thought of this, because the host files on the DCAF project are also broken.

When I create a new project using "DCAF Basic Execution Template" everything seems to be OK. I have a project and the Host Main.vi in not broken.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,356 Views)

After reinstalling RT module and DCAF again everything seems to be working fine.

I think I had RT installed but it was not activated. The error messages were not explicit at all, I had only missing files messages.

Thanks again

Cristian

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,352 Views)

I'm glad things are working now! I agree the error information of missing files is very misleading for the root cause of the problem. Unfortunately I think that is more an issue with LabVIEW, and I am not sure what we can do within DCAF to prevent it. That said, if you submit an issue for the problem at the link below with steps to reproduce, someone may come up with a clever way of preventing it.

https://github.com/LabVIEW-DCAF/DCAF-Examples/issues

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,347 Views)