Distributed Control & Automation Framework (DCAF)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag Select Module Configuration can't see non-boolean tags

the tag selector editor can't seem to see any tag that is not a boolean. Any variable that is nota boolean does not a appear on the list of tags that is populated when you click on cell in the table to edit it. Using LV 2017 and latest release of tag select module 1.1.0.14

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,759 Views)

The 'Select Tag' column is always a Boolean type in the implementation of this module.

The 'Output Tag', 'Input Tag (F), and Input Tag (T) have the data type defined in the Data Type column.  By default, this is a Boolean, but can be changed to any data type that you like.

Can you clarify which column you're having trouble with?

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,741 Views)

I was unable to replicate the issue in 2017.  I have attached an image representing the behavior of each column, where the Data Type column filters and sets the datatype for three of the four tags, and the Select Tag must always be a boolean:image.png

I noticed that the Data Type column defaults to Boolean, so it might be possible that you didn't update this field to match that of the tags you were looking for.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,740 Views)

yes I am using a boolean as the selector, I believe I am using the module how the module is intended to be used. I believe I have found another clue- if I name the "Selector Name" one thing I can select  doubles, if I use a different name I can't. The name that caused the problem is "OV_102a Selector". The text "OV_102a" is the tag name fora boolean tag, I don't know if somehow that is a problem. When I name the selector a random string like "fsagsacsa" I can select double tags as expected.  The static configuration page for the tag select module is empty for the configuration I am editing. I did verify that things work as expected starting from a completely empty configuration.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,730 Views)

Can you post a configuration file that shows the behavior?  A quick test on my system did not show the issue (named a Boolean tag test and named the tag select test, no issue with changing data type).

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,717 Views)

Hi Matt I don't want to post it publically but I will see about PMing it to you

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,630 Views)

Happy to help.

PM will work for me.  When doing so, please also include a screenshot of your VIPM installed packages (filtered by DCAF if you have too many to display).  This helps us get a reproducing stack quickly.

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,615 Views)