Distributed Control & Automation Framework (DCAF)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirements Gateway in Continuous Integration

Hi,

as the build scripts that NI Systems Engineering developed are provided as part of the DCAF repo on github I thought it would be best to post this here.

We are very keen to close the loop of our CI system to include requirements analysis as part of the build process. We are using NI Requirements Gateway for that. As you may be aware there is no official interface/API to NIRG there is however an inofficial and unsupported one.

I managed to use that to automate the requirements analysis in NIRG and serialize the output to a JUnit file which can then subsequently get imported into Jenkins.

The archive contains a sample NIRG project (which I have modified for imperfect requirements coverage), the CLI script which requires James NcNally's CLI package, the groovy script (which will need modification to reflect the path that the CLI script file is in) and the low level code. The latter can be run in isolation. Simply open "Access basic NIRG information" and add the path of the rqtf file and run.

Just posting this as I thought someone might be interested in this 🙂

Constructive feedback welcome.

Best Regards

Mathis

edit: there was a bug in the attached file. I fixed that in the post below.

Message 1 of 2
(3,403 Views)

Fixing a silly mistake. When the arrays returned were empty the for loop swallowed up references and cleared errors (creating new/different ones immediately afterwards). Fixed this with shift registers.

Message 2 of 2
(3,317 Views)