From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Distributed Control & Automation Framework (DCAF)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of Memory Error

Hi danijobe, bdiesel

I have been looking into this the last couple day. Basically it appears to be 2 independent things that we are seeing. We found a memory leak on the Modbus library for TCP. https://github.com/NISystemsEngineering/LabVIEW-Modbus-API/issues/3 

And also it has to do with memory reporting with Linux Real time targets. 

I ran the settings posted by bdiesel, on a 9030 and as he mentioned when looking at the memory from MAX I was able to see the increase of memory, but at the same time i was running Distributed System Manager and the 50 megabytes were not allocated there. Then i run again the test from yesterday to today (24 hours ) but added code to get the memory allocation directly on the DCAF engine as mentioned on this KB (Memory Reporting Issue with NI Linux Real Time OS Target ) 

With this test I could not reproduce the 50 megabyte memory leak and it didn't appear on MAX either. 

In summary, the one of pure DCAF looks like its not a memory leak but a reporting issue. I will leave the system running during the weekend to get more data anyway.

Best Regards

Benjamin C
Principal Systems Engineer // CLA // CLED
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(739 Views)

I ran the code all weekend. Max shows less free physical memory around 15 MB , and in System manager it also shows less available  but that is like 6 mb. On the other side directly reading the usage of LabVIEW that didn't change in the weekend. So its looks more as reporting issues and memory used by the connections to monitor the memory than a DCAF memory leak. Bruce are you still seeing the issue?

Benjamin C
Principal Systems Engineer // CLA // CLED
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(730 Views)