Distributed Control & Automation Framework (DCAF)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change a static module channel from boolean to array of boolean using Static Module Scripting Utility

Hi All,

I have a static module for which I want to change two channels from Boolean to array of Boolean.  I copied the types that have been generated using the project template for a static module into an existing module, then when I try to run the script I get the following error:

Invoke Node in control module data interface generator.lvlib:Set Definition Files.vi->control module data interface generator.lvlib:initialize vi references.vi->control module data interface generator.lvlib:FromClusterToTagBusScript.vi

Interestingly, I notice that the type that gets generated inside a module that has a channel connecting to a tag that is an array, isn't an array, but carries the label "Array of ....".

Bruce

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,992 Views)

@bdiesel wrote:

Hi All,

I have a static module for which I want to change two channels from Boolean to array of Boolean.  I copied the types that have been generated using the project template for a static module into an existing module, then when I try to run the script I get the following error:

Invoke Node in control module data interface generator.lvlib:Set Definition Files.vi->control module data interface generator.lvlib:initialize vi references.vi->control module data interface generator.lvlib:FromClusterToTagBusScript.vi

Interestingly, I notice that the type that gets generated inside a module that has a channel connecting to a tag that is an array, isn't an array, but carries the label "Array of ....".

Bruce

I have managed to solve this.  Forgot to disconnect the typedef from the control.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,975 Views)