From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Distributed Control & Automation Framework (DCAF)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCAF editor and relation to actual VI's

I'm struggling to put together some code based off of the temperature example.  I can see the association between the UI and the derived channel definitions as defined in User Interface.vi.  Tags get exposed via the UDP broadcast between the UI and the Simulation.  But how are the tags associated with controls or indicators on the Simulation side?  Do I have to run the Static Module scripting to create my own logic with it's own defined inputs/outputs?  Where's the "UI Configuration" for the Simulation side defined? 

Just a newbie. I've watched and read all the excellent materials published thus far.   🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,960 Views)

Hello!

In the RT Temperature Controller example, the processing performed by the Simulation engine is defined by the the Temperature Controller Logic module.  This is a module created via the Static Module scripting utility to wrap the inputs/outputs of a particular subVI in a DCAF module so its inputs and outputs can be mapped to tags in the DCAF editor.

To make your own module (to be something other than a temperature controller), you would indeed need to create a new static module (use the DCAF Static Module project template as a starting point) and drop in your logic in User Process.vi.

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,955 Views)