From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Distributed Control & Automation Framework (DCAF)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCAF Module/Feature Wish List

File Transfer Module

Need to automagically copy files to network shares on a schedule.

can use cron... not easy for end users to reconfigure

Message 11 of 19
(1,798 Views)

What transfer protocol(s)?

Would all files in a particular directory (or subdirectories thereof) work, or would you also need some form of regex match?

One destination or multiple?

Delete after transfer option?

Authenticated?

...what else?

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
Message 12 of 19
(1,794 Views)

Yes.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(1,790 Views)

JK

FTP and something to get us to a network shared folder.

I'm OK with backing up a whole directory. I'm a bit fuzzy on the whole what happens if it's a TDMS file that is still being written to...

It'd be nice to setup multiple jobs in a single module and configure schedule per job.

That way, if we needed one to many, we could just setup multiple jobs.

Delete after transfer is a bonus but only if it can be smart enough to not delete open files. Particularly TDMS - I know from running out of disk space that TDMS files that aren't closed get gross.

Authentication would be necessary for it to be useful.

Thanks for the response!

Message 14 of 19
(1,783 Views)

Re: TDMS files, the usual approach is to have the logging module write to the active files in a different directory, then when a file is complete and closed, move it to a transfer staging directory.  That way the transfer process only ever has to care about files in its directory, and outsource the closing and moving logic to other processes.

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
Message 15 of 19
(1,776 Views)

doh..

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(1,773 Views)

Get Target VI that can be used in an Editor Configuration UI. Similar to Get Engine. I'm trying to have a configuration query the target OS for validation of some configuration.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(1,734 Views)

FYI, the TDMS module does this now to decide whether to show a string or path control depending on target.  Can steal that for now, but agree on having this in core.

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(1,732 Views)

Awesome!

I've already implemented it on my end as well. I'll check out what you've implemented and compare. I just thought I'd poke you all about adding the function in a more permanent fashion.

Thanks for the quick follow up!

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(1,701 Views)