Distributed Control & Automation Framework (DCAF)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCAF Editor Taking minutes to open

I recently updated from VIPM so I'm not certain yet if it's related to the update.

However, when I run the configuration tool from the launcher VI, the tool takes 1-2 minutes to start. By this I mean, the launcher VI doesn't register the 'Run arrow' click  and I don't even get an hour glass. LabVIEW is just unresponsive for that time. Then, the Run arrow turns black and the loading splash screen pops up.

Any ideas as to what's causing this or where I can start digging?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,171 Views)

LV version?

I haven't seen this on recent clean installs on LV 2017 or 2016 machines from VIPM.

Is your system bogged down with disk-bound activities at the time you see this?  I've seen something similar when copying giant files over the network, windows update running on a background VM, etc.

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,167 Views)

I'm not doing any disk operations. I actually had the configuration tool open as well so it was already in memory. I'm actually modifying the config tool to match our look and feel. So I copied the library from VIPM and opened it in a project, then ran the Launch tool.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,163 Views)

If you moved or modified it, you might want to check and see if it needs to be resaved due to the changed linkages.  We might be looking for the dependencies during that time.

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,160 Views)

First thing that I did was save all on the project.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,157 Views)