Distributed Control & Automation Framework (DCAF)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a module access all tags on the bus from a module without explicitly mapping

Just curious if this is possible - I am working on a module that can just read any number of tags that exists on the bus, and perform logic on them, which is also configured on the fly as the system runs. I do not want to write to it --- just read from it, I am not trying to break the whole concept behind the framework. Would it be ok to just use the CVT within another DCAF module to do that? Otherwise it seems you have to create a dynamic module and them map all the channels you want it to have access to.

Edit: You do have to explicitly add tags to the CVT of course 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,457 Views)

Hi Mark, there is a way to do this. The TDMs module is an example to it. If you go to the last tab you will notice the option to dynamically subscribe to tags. 

The actual runtime mapping is done in  a override in the configuration class called dynamic mapping. You can use the TDMS module one as an example. 

Best Regards

Benjamin C
Principal Systems Engineer // CLA // CLED
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,449 Views)

Great! It looks like I cab create an override called dynamic mapping for my own module's configuration class, and filter the channels to generate a list of reservations. It also looks like you need to create an override for the property "maps dynamically?" with a true constant so that the engine calls the override VI.

Also, I assume you have to create the module from the dynamic template?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,441 Views)