Distributed Control & Automation Framework (DCAF)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVT Module "tag not found" error

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm using the CVT module on the PC engine and during the engine startup process I'm getting a CVT module error. I haven't used the CVT module before so it could be a newbie error on my part.

Error 537163 occurred at Tag Memory.vi
Possible reason(s):
A tag was not found in the CVT.
Tag 'Mod7/AO0'

However as you can see, it does exist.

Screen Shot 2018-07-07 at 3.32.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-07 at 3.34.50 PM.png

Michael Aivaliotis
VI Shots LLC
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,533 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MichaelAivaliotis

I found the answer to my issue. I didn't check the "Create Tags?" checkbox.

Why anyone would not want to do this is unknown. But also, there's no help description for this "feature".

Michael Aivaliotis
VI Shots LLC
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,521 Views)

Hi MichaelAivaliotis,

I created an issue for this in github: https://github.com/LabVIEW-DCAF/CVTModule/issues/19.  The main reason we added this feature is that in some cases the CVT module is used to "add" DCAF functionality to applications that already exist. In this cases the main application is already creating the tags. 

Best Regards

Benjamin C
Principal Systems Engineer // CLA // CLED
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,491 Views)

A somewhat related question.

If the CVT engine is running in DECAF and the tags are created in DECAF. Can we add additional tags by using the CVT create tags.vi in the main app?

Michael Aivaliotis
VI Shots LLC
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,465 Views)

Hi MichaelAivaliotis 

yes you can create additional tags to CVT outside of DCAF. CVT is a global resource and you can keep adding things to the table, just make sure you are suing the right settings to make sure you don't clear the Table (which would remove the tags created in DCAF) and to manage proper errors if you create duplicated tags. 

As an extra note, you should not use CVT tags inside any DCAF module that is not the CVT module, any value that should go there should go through the CVT module and then passed thought the TagBus. This can be an issue if you have more than one instance of the module. 

Best Regards

Benjamin C
Principal Systems Engineer // CLA // CLED
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,461 Views)