From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Discussions au sujet des autres produits NI

annuler
Affichage des résultats de 
Rechercher plutôt 
Vouliez-vous dire : 

selecting .net framework in teststand

Hello E'one,

Is there anyway to select .net framework version from Teststand?

0 Compliments
Message 1 sur 4
3 176 Visites

Hello,

I don't fully understand your question.

You can set in Configure-->Adapters for .NET adapter to specify the behavior of TST when creating or edit a code

Paolo_P
Certified TestStand Architect
Certified LabVIEW Architect
National Instruments France

0 Compliments
Message 2 sur 4
3 142 Visites

If i want to select 2.0 instead of current version. There's no such selection option in that menu

0 Compliments
Message 3 sur 4
3 138 Visites

ok I understand.
I've found this document that should be on the net but for the moment it's not

AE KB 3VU93HYV: How Can I Force TestStand to Use a Version of the .NET Framework Other Than Version 2.0?

Problem

I am creating a TestStand sequence that uses elements of the .NET Framework. I've designed it for use with a version other than the .NET 2.0 Framework, but I am deploying to a system that also has the .NET 2.0 Framework installed. Is there any way to force TestStand to use this other version of the .NET Framework instead?

Solution

By placing one of the attached files in your <TestStand>\Bin directory, you can force the TestStand Sequence Editor to use the version of the .NET Framework that you would like.  The file must be named SeqEdit.exe.config.

You may also achieve the same behavior with a custom interface. If you desire to use the configuration file with a custom interface, the file must reside in the same directory as the custom interface executable. The configuration file must also have the same full name as the interface's executable followed by the .config extension. For example, if the custom operator interface is named MyOI.exe, the configuration file must be named MyOI.exe.config and reside in the same directory as MyOI.exe

Note: If you are using TestStand 4.0 or later, you cannot force TestStand to use version 1.1 of the .NET Framework, as it requires .NET 2.0 Framework.

Note: Using the method detailed above, you can load the TestStand Sequence Editor using the .NET 3.0 Framework which will allow you to call assemblies built using the .NET 3.0 or .NET 3.5 Framework directly from TestStand. However, TestStand does support using some .NET 3.0 and .NET 3.5 Framework features, such as generics. Methods or properties using 3.0 or 3.5 specific features will not be displayed when specifying a .NET module for a step.

Paolo_P
Certified TestStand Architect
Certified LabVIEW Architect
National Instruments France

0 Compliments
Message 4 sur 4
3 132 Visites