Discusiones sobre Productos NI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Module NI 9421

Solved!
Go to solution

How connect a encoder model TRD-S2500BD to Module NI 9421 I´m new in this forum please help me, I need know if it´s possible

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,916 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rickkk

Hello Rickkk,

Thanks for posting at NI forums! Yes, you can create counter tasks for linear and angular position with the NI 9421 and the CDAQ-9174. The NI 9421 is a digital input module, it doesn’t have counters. But since it is correlated digital module, it can access the onboard counter on the chassis. If you use MAX to create a counter task for the encoder, you should see that the module supports it. You can use the module in any of the slots of the cDAQ-9174/78 or slot five or six of the cDAQ-9172. I’m linking the KB Which cDAQ modules can be used to access the on-board counters? Have a good day!

Best Regards,

Alina M

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,871 Views)

Hello Rickkk,

Once you have created the task, it will display the connections required. I’m attaching an image for angular position. Under the Configuration tab, you can see that the Signal Connections are A to PFI0, B to PFI2 and Z to PFI1, in my case I’m using another cDAQ chassis.

Best Regards,

Alina M

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,870 Views)

Thanks amezam I connect the correct encoder and I could see the angular position, if you have any aplications or programs for practice in  lab view and simulink please send me it, regards....

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,855 Views)

Hello Rickkk,

In LabVIEW, if you navigate to Help>>Find Examples, there are a lot of examples for LabVIEW in either programming or data acquisition/generation. You can also go to ni.com/code, you can find many examples and programs that both engineers and customers have uploaded to our community. 

Best Regards,

Alina M

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,769 Views)