cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RoboRio Imaging

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

We were imaging our RoboRio to update it to the v4 version and unfortunately, our laptop died during the imaging. We've tried to restart the process but always run into an error. We've tried the following so far:

Running the imaging tool as administrator
Disabling firewalls
Putting the RoboRio into safe mode

Restarting the computer/RoboRio
Trying a different computer

Currently, the status light blinks twice, calling us to reimage the rio.

Error message:20220210_212849.jpg

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,887 Views)

Adding additional details:

1. Our SD card is imaged correctly (We were able to image the Roborio with FRC_roboRIOv2_2022_v3.0.zip successfully prior to the laptop shuttng down)

2. We tried using a different cable

Here is what the imaging tool looks like currently when we find the RoboRio:

Team5901_0-1644606559470.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,838 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Team5901

Given you're using a SD card, I believe you're working with a roboRIO 2.0.  Given the two devices, it helps to add that clarity 😃 

Per the instructions: https://docs.wpilib.org/en/stable/docs/software/roborio-info/roborio2-imaging.html

Supported image files are named FRC_roboRIO2_YEAR_VERSION.img.zip. You can locate them by clicking the SD button in the roboRIO Imaging tool and then navigating to the SD Images folder. It is generally best to use the latest version of the image.

It seems like the last post you made might highlight the issue.  Are you able to flash it with one of the .img.zip options instead of the one you listed as the file you used? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,832 Views)

Hi Bo,

We ended up starting from scratch and re-imaged the SD card and it seemed to resolve the issue. I was under the impression that the SD card would be fine, but I guess when power was (accidentally) removed it corrupted the image on the SD card itself?

After re-imagining the SD card, we were able to image and deploy code to our RoboRio without any additional issues.

Thank you!

Message 4 of 4
(1,774 Views)