Discovering and Imaging the Device

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Led RoboRIO STATUS blinking continously, imaging 2021

Hi I am a mentor from 4401 team

we tried to imaging our roboRIO version 2021 v3.1 using the roboRIO imaging tool but at the middle of the procces prompted an error suggesting diferent things such as disable Firewall, antivirus and use another pc we did it and we had no succes after another attemting with the RoboRIO imaging tool it didnt recognize our RoboRIO anymore we re-downloaded and re-installed the "game tool" for the new version 2021 f1  and we tried to follow FRC Firmware Update Failing and Imaging the roboRIO and Common Troubleshooting and we got no succes the only thing we can do is the USB drive format but we dont know how to get it. 

I hope someone can help us!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,043 Views)

Hi, 

Can you please describe the state of the Power and Status LED lights when you power on the RoboRIO? You can reference the manual here which describes the options for the power and status LEDs. https://forums.ni.com/t5/FIRST-Robotics-Competition/roboRIO-Details-and-Specifications/ta-p/3494658 

If you are non getting the unrecoverable error, I recommend trying to put your RoboRIO into safemode and formatting it.

Regards,

Mike Altmann
Product R&D
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,991 Views)

In addition to letting us know what the status light is doing, it'll help to clarify some things.

You mentioned an image version and also discuss updating firmware.  As the two are different, it'll help to understand what you're doing.

Are you still trying to update to the 3.1 image?  If so, use 3.0 instead.  When you installed the updated 2021 f1 it should have removed the 3.1 image.  This was mentioned in a Team Update.  

For firmware, I wouldn't update beyond 5.0.0.

Which versions are you currently trying to use?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,986 Views)

Hi Hector, 

To follow up on the issue, is the RoboRIO getting back to the working state? Looking forward to hearing from you soon~

Harvy Sim

Hardware Div. Software

Product R&D

NI

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,932 Views)

Sorry for time,

When we apply power to the RoboRIO the Power led and STATUS led turn on and after the POST time the STATUS led start to continuosly flashing in that condition we can not be able to comunicate via USB cable with the roboRIO Imaging Tool 2020.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,859 Views)

I think I try looking for the recovery.cfg file I hope someone can help me

regards!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,752 Views)

We're having the same problem.

Imaging hung mid-process multiple times.  I attempted to manually image with FRC_roboRIO2_2022_v3.0.zip and the RPi imager to no avail.

Power light is green, Status light is flashing.  Imaging tool won't discover the unit, and it will not go into safe mode now.

** Disregard **

I kept fiddling with the imager and finally got a good image burned.  Status lights are all good..  Device booted and I was able to get it going.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,714 Views)