From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sine wave generation with smu

Thanks Marcos

That is really professinal support, I got my answer

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(3,669 Views)

I would just like to know if the VI can be modified to output a signal with frequency higher than 5 kHz.

Or is the 5 kHz limitation due to the hardware capabilities of SMUs?

Thanks and Best Regards!

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 23
(2,456 Views)

Heads up: this is now a first-class feature with new firmware added to the NI 414x SMUs, as well as the NI 4135->4139.  The feature is included in NI DCPower 18.2: http://www.ni.com/download/ni-dcpower-18.2/7859/en/ . The relevant attribute is "Sequence Step Delta Time", which as the name implies is a defined time between steps of a sequence reguardless of source delay or measure time.

A sine wave could be created by feeding in the waveform points and a constant "delta time", but for more complex waveforms you may adjust the time between points to provide finer resoltion during interesting parts of the waveform, such as a simulating the startup behavior of a power rail.  Check the SMU specifications for minimum delta times and resolutions, they very slightly by product.

Happy waveforming

Message 23 of 23
(1,895 Views)