Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

power supply

Does NI have a power supply with the following specs?

Input: 1 phase, 230V+/-10% AC, 50% +/-5% Hz

Output:

a. 110V DC, 10 A continuous

b. 220V DC, 10A continuous

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,934 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,922 Views)

None of the power supplies mentioned here go beyond 100V. I was looking for a HV power supply which can go upto 220V.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,895 Views)

Please contact NI Regional Sales in your region.

Regards,

Sahil Singla
Applications Engineer | National Instruments

(Give Kudos to good Answers and Mark it as a Solution if your problem is Solved)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,880 Views)

Hello Avanch,

Unfortunately, NI does not sell power supplies that can deliver the power you're looking for at the Voltage and Current levels you require.  While it is theoretically possible to gang numerous NI power supplies together with external circuitry to achieve the output you're looking for, this would not be practical (it would, however, be very accurate ;).

I recommend using a programmable external power supply, such as a Lambda GEN 300-11.  They even have an optional GPIB interface and an excellent Driver that works in LabVIEW.  I've personally used their instrument driver for a couple years now to charge an electric vehicle and promise you it is brilliantly simple.  Don't have GPIB?  NI sells USB/PCI/PXI to GPIB converters!

Couple this with LabVIEW and you've got an automated, programmable power supply, ready to pump up the Watts!

John S.

National Instruments
Precision DC Hardware Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,863 Views)