Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

niDMM Simple Acquisition.vi (resolution parameter)

We developped a bench test using the niDMM 1.6 drivers last year. We use niDMM Simple Acquisition.vi. The resolution parameter was an enumerated type (3.5 digits, 4.5 digits and 5.5 digits). The parameter was always set to 3.5 digits.
Now we are building another bench test using the same driver (niDMM 1.6). I noticed that the resolution parameter is now a double instead of an enumerated type...
Q1) Why the resolution parameter type is not the same since we are using the same driver version (niDMM 1.6)?
Q2) How can I get the same behavior using the double type instead the enumerated type ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,491 Views)
NI-DMM now uses resolution input in unit of volts rather than digits. That's why the change was made in that parameter.

There is a new example which is still very similar to the Simple Acquisition that you are using called DMM Measurement.vi. There is a subVI which performs the conversion from resolution in terms of digits to resolution in volts. This is what I would recommend using, especially if you ever want to upgrade your NI-DMM driver later on.

Jack Arnold
Application Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,491 Views)
Thanks,

Can I get a LabView 5.1 version of that VI ?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,491 Views)