cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lowest force current using 4132

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi ,

What is lowest current that can be forced using ni pxi 4132. I  want to force 5 uA to measure the voltage across our DUT. however when i tried doing this the Voltage values were really high. I was supposed read a value of less than 4 v but the value I read was 5.5 V. But when i used the keithley 2611 to do the same thing the voltage reading was less than 4 V. Why am I reading a high value using the pxi 4132. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,681 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author phx_tech

The lowest forcable current is 200nA in the 10uA range (2% of range). 

The output accuracy outputting 5uA in the 10uA range is 3.7nA.

The measurement accuracy outputting 5uA in the 10uA range is 2.4nA.

For full specifications, see:

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/375128b.pdf

If you need more channels/accuracy and don't need the 100V output, take a peak at the PXIe-4141, which has 4 bank isolated channels (that share a common LO).

Depending on the sampling rate, the maximum output accuracy outputting 5uA in the 10uA range is 1.8nA.

Depending on the sampling rate, the maximum measurement accuracy outputting 5uA in the 10uA range is 1.8nA.

Note that these accuracy levels require the ambient temp to stay within ±1°C of the last self calibration and ±5°C of external cal. 

For full specifications, see:

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/375663a.pdf

-John Sullivan
Problem Solver
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,676 Views)

Your DUT has ~800kΩ series resistance on the Keithley 2611, versus 1.1MΩ on the 4132.  Tell us more about your DUT, your setup, and how you have the 4132 configured. 

-John Sullivan
Problem Solver
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,672 Views)

Hi John, thank you for the reply. We found out the problem . The DUT was oriented in a wrong way so i t was reading a higher value. we reconnected our DUT in the proper fashion and it seems to be working fine.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,666 Views)