Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does anyone have a good recommendation for a PoE Voltmeter which can be integrated into Labview/TestStand?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have started searching for a PoE Voltmeter, but so far all the ones I found are for hand held Field Service use.   I am looking for an industrial version that can be integrated into an automated manufacturing environment.

Can anyone point me to a PoE Voltmeter which has either ethernet or USB control.   Ideally with Labview drivers. but If I have to make those myself I'll be ok with that.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,660 Views)

Hi Paul,

Just to clarify, are you looking for a voltmeter powered over Ethernet, or are you looking for a voltmeter to measure voltage on an Ethernet cable?

William R.

National Instruments

William R.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,641 Views)

I am looking for a meter to test/measure the POE source. 

Like these:

Byte Brothers POE1000 Power Panel Jack and PoE Tester

or

WS-PoE-Tester

This will be used in a automated manufacturing environment to test a PoE port on our product.    Basically I would want one of the above with that added feature to read out the results via a USB or ethernet port to a computer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,631 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Paul.Boucher

Unfortunately I haven't seen anything quite like that around. The closest thing I was able to find was the Reach Technology RT-PoE3N, which looks like it might have RS-232 connectivity. 

Another option might be to tap out the voltages from the PSE, and read those using a more general tool like a DMM or DAQ device. Something like the FM-Systems POET-1. Might something like that work?

There might be someone on the forums who is more familiar with POE than I am, but that's what I was able to dig up.

William R.

National Instruments

William R.
Message 4 of 5
(5,600 Views)

Thank you William,     Other then having more ports than I need I think this will do nicely.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,590 Views)