Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very new user with LabView 2014 and NI-DMM USB 4065

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm a very new user and have looked through a few tutorials to try and get started.  I'm currently having trouble getting the NI-DMM USB 4065 (driver 15.2) to show up under physical channels whenever I try to use DAQ Assistant in LabView 2014.  It shows up under the devices list in NI MAX (version 16.0) and the self-test works.  I've tried to set up a global virtual channel under the data neighborhood as well, but it still doesn't show up under physical channels.  Everything seems to be compatible, but like I said, I'm very new to this.  

I'm basically trying to set up labview so that I can get a simple current vs time graph that can record the current for up to one week.  I can get the NI-DMM/Switch Express to work whenever I run the icon alone in the block diagram, but don't know how to actually get it to a graph I can use.    

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,352 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author eyeung
I'm currently having trouble getting the NI-DMM USB 4065 (driver 15.2) to show up under physical channels whenever I try to use DAQ Assistant in LabView 2014.

The USB-4065 won't work in DAQ Assistant. Only devices that you program using the DAQmx API will work in DAQ Assistant. The USB-4065 is programmed using the NI-DMM API.

A good way to get started is to look at the examples that we ship with NI-DMM. From LabVIEW's Help menu select Find Examples.. to open Example Finder. You can then look at the DMM examples.

Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
NI Driver Software
Message 2 of 3
(4,338 Views)

Great, thank you for the quick response! I won't waste my time with DAQ Assistant anymore and have started looking at the examples already.  Any other helpful tips are appreciated!  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,327 Views)