Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unclear how to take a measurement on an SMU during a pulse

I have a PXIe-4139 SMU and I need to create a 10ms, 3mA pulse and measure the voltage during the pulse.

How do I do this?

I tried have a 2K load across the SMU output and I am monitoring the output using a Scope.

The SMU is for Pulse Current with a 10ms on time, 3ms source delay, 4ms aperture time, and MeasureWhen=AutomaticallyAfterSourceComplete 

This did not work.  The pulse was created but the measurement did not match.

What am I doing wrong?

Is there another approach for doing this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,529 Views)

Yes, the way you would do is the automatically after source complete, but set source delay to 0s and set the number of records to match the duration of pulse.

BTW, do you need the waveform during the pulse or just a single point in the pulse period? because you're setting 3ms delay and 4ms aperture which in total take up 7ms out of 10ms pulse duration.

Edit: any reason this example did not work for you? - C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI-DCPower\Examples\DotNET 4.5\Pulsing\Single point\Pulse Current\cs

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,496 Views)