From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting MeasureWhen causes an error

When I set MeasureWhen (1150057) to AutomaticallyAfterSourceComplete (1025) using AdvancedPropertyAccessService.SetAttributeInt32 I get the error.

Ivi.Driver.SelectorNameException: ModularInstruments.NIDCPower: ModularInstruments.NIDCPower: IVI: (Hex 0xBFFA0045) The channel or repeated capability name is not allowed.

Attribute: NIDCPOWER_ATTR_MEASURE_WHEN, Channel: 0
Error code: -1074134971

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at NationalInstruments.ModularInstruments.NIDCPower.Internal.DCPowerImpl.CheckErrorStatus(UInt32 handle, Int32 status)
at NationalInstruments.ModularInstruments.NIDCPower.Internal.DCPowerImpl.TestForGeneralErrorAndWarning(Int32 status)
at NationalInstruments.ModularInstruments.NIDCPower.Internal.DCPowerImpl.TestForErrorAndWarning(Int32 status)
at NationalInstruments.ModularInstruments.NIDCPower.Internal.DCPowerAdvancedPropertyAccessServiceImpl.SetAttributeInt32(Int64 attributeIdentifier, String repeatedCapability, Int32 value)
at NationalInstruments.ModularInstruments.AdvancedPropertyAccessService.SetAttributeInt32(Int64 attributeIdentifier, String repeatedCapability, Int32 value)

Note: I am also seeing the error: Could not find assembly: Ivi.Driver.resources.dll

I have not been able to find that dll

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,857 Views)

I also tried setting dcPowerSession.Outputs["0"].Measurement.MeasureWhen and got the same error.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,854 Views)

Looking at the NI example code, I found it was setting Session.Measurement.Configuration.MeasureWhen

This is not consistent with the documentation that says MeasureWhen is channel-based; but, it works!

markshancock_0-1659064638854.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,848 Views)

This is not consistent with the documentation that says MeasureWhen is channel-based; but, it works!

New documentation probably assumes you are using "independent channels" which is a different and now default usage model introduced in newer NI-DCPower releases.

Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
NI Driver Software
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,806 Views)