From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMU trigger delay

Solved!
Go to solution

I am generating voltage pulses with an SMU in a pxi chassis.  The unit is a PXIe-4137, the chassis is a PXIe-1078.  It seems like I cannot add a delay to a trigger for these pulses using DCPOWER itself.  Am I missing something?  I think I could kludge it by creating the delayed trigger with DAQmx and then exporting it back to DCPOWER, but that seems sloppy.  I need, for example, to have a pulse start a few ms after a ~10 Hz trigger that starts a bunch of other things as well.

I guess I could also make a sequence that includes a zero pulse before the pulse I actually want, but that seems sloppy as well.  It will also make it more difficult to change the delay, which is a tuning parameter.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,546 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author stephencox

Hi Stephencox,

You aren’t missing anything, the DCPOWER driver doesn’t natively have a trigger delay like the one that’s built into the DAQmx driver. With that in mind, if you have a DAQ card in your chassis, you may be able to make use of a counter to send a delayed trigger to the PXIe-4137.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,492 Views)

Ok, thanks.  I have a DAQ card with four counters, but I am already using three of them and I am somewhat inclined to save the fourth.  I think I will try the sequence approach.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,479 Views)