From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulse width Measurement Using DMM

I am using NI PXIe 4080 for measuring pulse.I can be able to read the samples and I have plotted using waveform chart but pulse width I am unable to measure.Please suggest me to measure pulse width.Below I have attached my code.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,497 Views)

You should base your code on one of the waveform-mode examples instead of a multi-point DMM measurement.  "Read & Graph Waveform.vi" might be a good choice.  It will give you a waveform that you can pass directly to "Pulse Measurements.vi"  (in the Waveform Measurements palette) to get the pulse width.

DMM-mode measurements do not contain timing information, whereas waveform-mode measurements do.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,471 Views)

Sorry Sir, It was not solved my problem.One small information sir, I am reading samples from DMM and plotting in chart continuously samples w.r.t to amplitude.I got a VI transition measuremnts.vi by which i can be able to detect falling edge accurately but not rising edge so still i am working on it.Please suggest me if you have any other way. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,426 Views)