Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem for setting Global DIO variables for program modification by Labview.

I am a new user of Labview. I has been assigned to modify a multi-testing program with DMM card, NI4060, and PCI-DIO-96 Iuput/Output card. For adding more input and output connection to the hardware, I want to set up some additional Global Variable to abtain the input sensor status and control the testing. Meanwhile, I want to add some more output as clylinder as well. However, when I want to modify the Global_DIO.vi to add more global variables, I can not open the Diagram windows, and I can only see the panel. Could you help me to see why it happens and how to solve this problem. I mean, how can I add these input and output variables related to the additional hardware, and apply them
to modify my testing system. I will be very glad for your information and help really. Glad to choose the product by your company and wish you give me some information support as well.

Regards!

Sincerely Yours,

Zhou Yi
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,697 Views)
Zhou,

Global variable VIs do not have block diagrams. All they do is store data in the controls on the front panel. To add more items to the global, place a new control onto the panel. Then, on the block diagram of a VI that uses this global, you will have this new item to select from. To select which item you want to use, right-click on the global variable on the block diagram and choose Select Item. This will give you a choice of every uniquely named control of the global variable.

Also, please see this KnowledgeBase from our web site:
KnowledgeBase 2QO912OK: How Can I Create Multiple Global Variables In One Global Variable File?

Randy Hoskin
Applic
ations Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/ask
Message 2 of 3
(6,697 Views)
Dear Randy:

Thanks for you answer, I have successed to cover it.

Really thanks very much!

Regards!
Sincerely Yours,

Zhou Yi
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,697 Views)