Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-4071 self-calibration error -200545

PXI-4071 runs NI-DMM 15.2. PXI-4071 did not have any problems. I disassembled its motherboard and daughter board and looked at NI's circuit design. Without a daughter board inserted, I performed a self-calibration in NI MAX and the self-calibration was successful. Then, I plugged in the daughter board and now the measurement data is completely wrong and I cannot perform a self-calibration. Error code -200545. I think the self-calibration data is corrupted and I don't know how to solve it.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,939 Views)

Hi @huaxps, 

Well...

I cannot, in any amount of good faith, say that the steps you've taken would be recommended troubleshooting for your $4600 DMM. 

Even just disassembling the board and reassembling it more or less voids your previous external cal, and obviously we offer no guidance for the effect of running just the motherboard in a chassis. I am frankly surprised to the point of disbelief that your module passed self-cal without the analog daughter card attached. 

If your module is now misbehaving as a result of your troubleshooting, I recommend working with our support team to have it repaired and re-calibrated: http://www.ni.com/en-us/support.html 

You can additionally try to restore the factory calibration constants in LabVIEW using the niDMM Restore Last External Cal Constants function, this will maybe get you back to a usable state.

Best Regards, 

ChristophersonJ

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Message 2 of 5
(4,903 Views)

Thank you very much!

With the recovery method you provided, I have successfully restored the PXI-4071 to its previous state.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,864 Views)

This is Useful!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,640 Views)

Feel free to drop Kudos for things that helped Smiley Wink

-ChristohpersonJ

Message 5 of 5
(4,628 Views)