From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-4070 self test error code -223911 using MAX 4.2.1.3001

Hi

I have a PCI-4070 which reported an self test error of -223911 during activation of self test. The card has been identified correctly and serial number can be read as well.

Is this a major hardware fault where repair will be costly? Please advise.

Rgds.

MS
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(10,061 Views)
Hello MS,

What version of NI-DMM do you have? You can check this by opening MAX(Measurement & Automation Explorer) and expanding the software tab. Next click NI-DMM and look for the version. What version of LabVIEW are you using?
Regards,

Ima
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours
Getting Started with NI-DAQmx
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(10,050 Views)

Hi Ima

The NI-DMM used is 2.7.1 while Labview is 7.1.

Rgds.

MS

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(10,050 Views)
Hello MS,

Has this card ever worked before? Does it return this same error when you change it to a different PCI slot or on another computer? Please run the DMM Soft Front Panel Self Test for a more specific error code.

1. Launch the NI-DMM Soft-Front Panel from the Windows Start Menu (Start»Programs»National Instruments»NI-DMM»DMM Soft Front Panel).
2. Select Utility»Self Test.
3. Post the error code and message so we can better diagnose the problem.
Regards,

Ima
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(10,040 Views)

Hi Ima

It was purchased from someone who claimed it was working but I can't verify it. I don't have a second PC with long enough chassis to house this long instrument card. But the same P3 machine had been tested against several NI products in the past without problem.

Same problem exists when another PCI slot is used and I have taken a screenshot when executing the DMM Soft Front Panel, it can't proceed further and the program quit by itself. Notice that the calibration data is not visible in Max (but serial number is visible).

Greatly appreciate your assistance.

Rgds.

MS

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(10,032 Views)

Hi Ima

One more attempt before powering down and I managed to get past the previous error screen. Self test under utility was activated and the attached screen appeared. I believe it is a hardware fault and the card needs to be fix.

Rgds.

MS

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(10,020 Views)
Hello MS,

Thank you for including the screen shots of the error.

It seems as though you may actually have damaged hardware that needs repair. You mentioned that you did not buy the board directly from NI and are not sure if it was working when you purchased it. I will look into how repairs are done in this situation.
Regards,

Ima
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(10,000 Views)
Hello MS,

You can still send the board in to National Instruments for repair even though you did not purchase it directly from us. There may be a fee associated with having the board repaired. Please call 1-866-ASK-MYNI (1-866-275-6964) to coordinate sending the board in for repair.
Regards,

Ima
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(9,986 Views)

Hi Ima

Thanks for your help and greatly appreciate your assistance so far.

Rgds.

MS

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(9,980 Views)
You are very welcome.
Regards,

Ima
Applications Engineer
National Instruments