Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI USB-4065 External Trigger slow sample rate

Hi,

I am measuring voltage with the above device, using mesaurement complete and an external trigger.

The resolution is set to 3.5 digits, but I am getting a reading approximately every 100ms. The manual

states that at this resolution, the sample rate should be 3000/s. How can I get this faster rate?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,524 Views)

Could you supply some code?  The 3kS/s is when in waveform capture mode.  So I am not surprised by you not reaching that.  But the 100ms makes me think the DMM is doing some configuring.  Did you turn autoscale off?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,519 Views)

Hi crossrulz,

Thanks for the reply. I can't find any reference to auto scale, only autorange (which is only used for immediate sampling).

I have modified my code (I made a slight error) and am now getting 25ms per read.

You mentioned that the 3k/s is for waveform capture, do you know what sort of sample rate I should be getting?

Much appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,495 Views)

OPullin wrote:  I can't find any reference to auto scale, only autorange (which is only used for immediate sampling).

Autorange is what I meant.  I must have had oscilloscopes on the brain when I typed that.

OPullin wrote:  do you know what sort of sample rate I should be getting?

Not a clue.  But as long as you are getting the rate you want, that is what matters.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,491 Views)

Configure the device for multi-point acquisition and you should get more measurements per second.

Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
NI Driver Software
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,480 Views)

Hi all,

Thanks for the reply. I managed to improve the sample rate massively by reducing the settle time. 

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,462 Views)