cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI PXI-4071 Error During Adjustment

Solved!
Go to solution
Highlighted

While using Calibration Executive 5.0 (or 3.6) we get an error while adjusting a NI PXI-4071 DMM.  If goes through the adjustments and then when it looks like it is finalizing the update of the Card we get a error -1074118132 … niDMM Cal Adjust AC Filter.vi.  At this point the crash will close the system and it does not update the card. I find it hard to believe that we have had that many "bad" cards  as NI has suggested  as we have had 4 units all do the same thing. I am suspecting it is a possible Firmware problem of the card itself versus our Calibration Executive.

Anyone run into this problem before?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(200 Views)
Highlighted

-1074118132 is NIDMM_ERROR_EXTCAL_BAD_FILTER "The generated AC flatness filter is invalid."

* What version of NI-DMM are you using?

* What are the serial numbers of the 4 NI PXI-4071 that fail calibration?

* Do you have any NI PXI-4071 that do calibrate successfully on this system? What are their serial numbers, if available?

* Do you have a NI PXIe-4081 by any chance and can it be calibrated on this system?

* Are you running this in a 1-degree room, per calibration procedure?

* Could the calibrator be to blame?

NI PXI-4071 flatness calibration is a bit delicate, unfortunately.

Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
NI Driver Software
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(159 Views)
Highlighted

* What version of NI-DMM are you using? 18.2

* What are the serial numbers of the 4 NI PXI-4071 that fail calibration? Three of them that I have are: E17DDB,191EAEB, EDB544

* Do you have any NI PXI-4071 that do calibrate successfully on this system? What are their serial numbers, if available? We have run about 20 others on this same system withy no issues

* Do you have a NI PXIe-4081 by any chance and can it be calibrated on this system? No

* Are you running this in a 1-degree room, per calibration procedure? Yes

* Could the calibrator be to blame?  No, Tried multiple standards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(150 Views)
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author TroyIs

I consulted with one of the original designers of the 4070 and he agrees with the assessment that the boards need to be RMAd. I apologize for the issues this is causing you.

Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
NI Driver Software
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(127 Views)
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author TroyIs

Thanks Marcos!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5