While using Calibration Executive 5.0 (or 3.6) we get an error while adjusting a NI PXI-4071 DMM. If goes through the adjustments and then when it looks like it is finalizing the update of the Card we get a error -1074118132 … niDMM Cal Adjust AC Filter.vi. At this point the crash will close the system and it does not update the card. I find it hard to believe that we have had that many "bad" cards as NI has suggested as we have had 4 units all do the same thing. I am suspecting it is a possible Firmware problem of the card itself versus our Calibration Executive.
Anyone run into this problem before?
Solved! Go to Solution.
-1074118132 is NIDMM_ERROR_EXTCAL_BAD_FILTER "The generated AC flatness filter is invalid."
* What version of NI-DMM are you using?
* What are the serial numbers of the 4 NI PXI-4071 that fail calibration?
* Do you have any NI PXI-4071 that do calibrate successfully on this system? What are their serial numbers, if available?
* Do you have a NI PXIe-4081 by any chance and can it be calibrated on this system?
* Are you running this in a 1-degree room, per calibration procedure?
* Could the calibrator be to blame?
NI PXI-4071 flatness calibration is a bit delicate, unfortunately.
I consulted with one of the original designers of the 4070 and he agrees with the assessment that the boards need to be RMAd. I apologize for the issues this is causing you.