Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI PXI-4065 attached to PXI-1033 strange problem

Hi all,

I have a NI PXI-1033 Chassis together with NI PXI 4065 DMM and NI PXI 6514 device.

The problem that I have is very annoying. When I restart my computer or install a new NI feature, the two NI PXI-6514 and PXI 4065 are no longer available as shown at the picture attached and I have to reinstall the drivers in order they to function properly. Why is this happening? Is it normal? 

I will appreciate every help because it is urgent and important. Thank you! 

Best,

Iliya Gurov 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(8,388 Views)

This is definitely not normal. Let's not get into the "install a new NI feature" part... So you're saying that the devices show up in MAX correctly, you restart and then they show up crossed out? And the only way to recover is by reinstalling the drivers? Please specify driver versions as well.

Marcos 

Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
NI Driver Software
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(8,384 Views)

Yes, exactly.

I am not at my work place anymore but as far as I remember DMM 2.8, DAQ 8.8 and LabView 7.1.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(8,381 Views)
Any ideas or suggestions?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(8,372 Views)

Try this: open a Command Prompt and type "net start nidevldu".

Let me know what the output for this command is and whether you can use the devices after running it. Also, is there any other NI hardware in the system?

Marcos 

Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
NI Driver Software
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(8,357 Views)

I know this topic is ancient but I'm having a similar problem with my system:

PXI-1033 (thru external PC / PCIe)

DAQmx 9.2.2

LabVIEW 8.5

Windows 7 (32-bit)

When starting MAX it gives the MAXPXITimeout error. Then MAX crashes most of the time or when it works, none of the devices are "present" according to MAX, i.e no initialize, fail self-test, etc. I tried this command "net start nidevldu" and I get a "windows system error 5 - access denied". So I ran the command prompt as administrator and then the NI Device Loader "successfully started". Now MAX works OK and all my devices are working, until next reboot. Is this a permission issue? I tried changing the NI Device Loader service to log as an admin, but no luck. After rebooting the same issue.

Appreciate the help. Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,067 Views)