Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI DMM 4060 how to log my data?

I am trying to measure voltage difference between two points using a pair of electrodes. The Soft panel of NI DMM 4060 doesnt provide me any option to log the data. Can some one please tell me how to log the acquired data.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,387 Views)
Hello Satish,

You are correct that the NI-DMM Soft Front Panel only displays the data. It is a utility that allows you to try out the functionality of your DMM. To create a custom application which logs your data to file, you can create an application in LabVIEW, CVI, C, or Visual Basic.

I recommend starting with one of the NI-DMM shipping examples which most closely matches the application you would like to create.

The NI-DMM shipping examples are located in the following directory (which might vary slightly by OS):
C:\VXIPNP\WinNT\NIDMM\Examples

A second copy of the LabVIEW NI-DMM shipping examples are located in the following directory:
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.0\examples\instr\NIDMM

Once you have your main applicati
on that acquires the data, you can add the functionality to write your data to a file. You have several different options for how to write your data to file. The LabVIEW User Manual (LabVIEW Help menu >> Search the LabVIEW Bookshelf >> LabVIEW User Manual) has a chapter that describes the different types of file I/O available in LabVIEW and shows how to program each method. In addition, there are several LabVIEW shipping examples that show how to program each method. To find these shipping examples in LabVIEW 7 (folders may vary slightly in previous versions), go to the LabVIEW Help menu >> Find Examples >> Fundamentals >> File Input and Output.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Sonya W.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 2
(6,387 Views)