From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-4050A/4051

I am attempting to calibrate some NI-4050A and NI-4051 DMMs with Calibration Executive 3.4.1. Those are not on the list, so I select DAQCard-4050 to run the procedure. When I do, I receive the following error message(s):

Error 1003 occurred at Open VI Reference in cex_ReadDriverVersion.vi->cex_FindProcedureINIAndGetVersionInfo.vi->cex_FindProcedureINIAndGetVersionInfo.vi.ProxyCaller
VI Path: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Calibration Executive\Source\vi.lib\ProcessModel\QueryDriverVersions\specificDrivers\cex_Read_NI-DMM_Version.vi
at step Query Driver Versions
LabVIEW:  The VI is not executable. Most likely the VI is broken or one of its subVIs cannot be located.  Open the VI in LabVIEW using File>>Open and verify that it is runnable.

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  The VI is not executable. Most likely the VI is broken or one of its subVIs cannot be located.  Open the VI in LabVIEW using File>>Open and verify that it is runnable.

I saw a similar error in the Knowledge Base (Document ID: 3N0E4NSF) where the solution was to download the latest device drivers. I tried that to no avail. Are the NI-4050A and NI-4051 new enough that no calibration procedures have been written for them as of yet?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,175 Views)

Hey Scott,

These products are manufactured for particular OEMs and aren't supported in CalExec.  If you're a third party calibration lab, please contact the OEM, as they have particular information from NI on how to calibrate the instruments.  Have a great day!

-John Sullivan
Problem Solver
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,170 Views)