From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keithley 197A, making it work

Writing a program for a Keithley 197A DMM using LabVIEW 5.0 (comm. via GPIB, OS=Win95).
The problem is that, when using the officicial Keithley software it works, but when copying this to my application it doesn't. What goes wrong here? Some settings of LabVIEW?
When saving a modified Keithley program it also works OK. When copying everything to a new file, it doesn't.
Anybody got an idea?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,562 Views)
Hello,

I assume you are using the Instrument driver contributed by Keithley. By copying everything into new file, are you referring to copying everything in the block diagram of the working VI and pasting it into the block diagram of another VI? (all the front panel terminals will be copied automatically) If that is indeed what you are doing, then the resultant VI should operate exactly like the original VI. If that is not working, let me know what error you are getting.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,562 Views)