From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my multimeter NI USB-4065 produced earlier or pirated?

To self-calibrate a board using NI-DMM, all you need to do is:

1. initialize a session
  2. call Self Cal
  3. close the session

Be aware that your board's external calibration is expired, so running self cal will not get it to specification, and may or may not succeed at all. I suspect you will get the same error you got in MAX. I recommend you find a service to perform external calibration on your instrument.

Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
NI Driver Software
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,410 Views)
Does each USB-4065 have to self-calibrate within a year, otherwise it can only be externally calibrated when it expires, and the device will gradually become inaccurate? Thank you for your reply.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,403 Views)

No. To be within specs the DMM needs to be externally calibrated before the calibration expires. Self calibration is recommended to be run more frequently, I believe daily. And the board should be warmed up when you run it by powering it up for a while.

More info:

https://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/376812a.pdf

Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
NI Driver Software
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,399 Views)
How to calibrate externally? Is there any organization? I am in China.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,338 Views)

As per this link https://www.ni.com/en-us/shop/services/hardware/calibration-services/service-centers.html , there is a calibration centre in China

NI China

2nd Floor, Building 2, No. 400 Fangchun Road, Pudong New District
Shanghai, China 201203

Certificate Number 3237.01

NI Certified Calibration Center China

Operated by Micro Precision Calibration Inc.
1505~1506 Building #3D
Tian'an Cloud Park, Phase I

2018 Xuegang Road,
Bantian, Longgang, Shenzhen, GD 518129
China

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,335 Views)