Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IVIDMM_ERROR_MAX_TIME_EXCEEDED error in DMM 4070

Hi,

I am using NI 4070 PXI card, in my chassis NI 1045. Recently I had migrated my PC to latest set NI drivers for my PXI cards. I had problems with NI 2569 and 2529 cards also after migrating from old NI device drivers to the latest ones.

old driver version: NI DMM 2.5

new driver version: NI DMM 2.9

The issue with the NI 2569 and 2529 was solved and found that there was some double initialization happening on cards where i was getting error 0xBFFA1190.

But with the 4070 card, I am getting this IVIDMM_ERROR_MAX_TIME_EXCEEDED error when niDMM_read() is called for reading current. Previously with the old driver , I was able to read the current successfully. In my program I give:

niDMM_Read(dmmSession, 20 , read_Value). I am trying to get the value in read_value which is of type double. This 20 is in msec. What I an doing in my program is that if niDMM_read returns anything other than success then I am trying to read again until I get a VI_SUCCESS as return or a maximum of 10 times in loop, otherwise I return saying niDMM_read failed.

So niDMM_read is being called again if it fails once, the second time it returns a value which negligible where it should have been some 200mA.

I have used NI Spy tool to check the status and it is showing this error. I am not able to understand why, with the change of driver, this error is occuring?

I am attaching the NI Spy log captured in my system.

Let me know if any change of configuration/setings is required in my system for the new driver.

regrds

Krishna

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(6,506 Views)